Skip to Content

Trucks & Trailers

Truck/Trailer Mobile Food Facility Permit Requirements:

  1. Obtain Housing and Community Development (HCD) insignia for truck/trailer.
  2. HCD’s phone number: (916) 255-2532.
  3. Submit plans of truck/trailer with required fee to Environmental Health. Fill out Plan Check Application and submit with applicable checklist. See checklist below for items required on plans. Refer to Plumbing Diagram Example for plumbing requirements.
  4. Once plans are approved and truck/trailer is constructed to plans, fill out Mobile Permit Application Packet for permit.
  5. Once application packet is approved, inspection will be conducted to ensure truck/trailer meets approved plans and has HCD insignia.
  6. Permitted truck/trailer must be stored at and work in conjunction with an approved commissary.
  7. If parked longer than one hour, trucks/trailers must have a restroom agreement and approval from the local Building/Zoning Department.